What are the best books on writing? In this video, Katie Schnack discusses her favorite books about the craft and art of writing. These books discuss the process of writing, character development, how to write fiction and non-fiction, using style and voice, and more. Katie’s work has been featured in Austin Lifestyle Magazine, Redbook Magazine, Thrillist.com, and Homerun.com. She is also excited to be contributing to the new Austin publication BE Mag, launching its first issue this November. Prior to moving to Austin, Katie worked as an associate producer for an NBC affiliate in South Florida.
Great Books for Writers, How to Write & Find Inspiration was published by Katie at WriteByNight
1. Anne Lamott Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life. Pantheon Books. 1994.
2. SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy) Juicy Pens, Thirsty Paper (Three Rivers Press 2008)
3. Brenda Ueland If You Want to Write: a Book about Art, Independence and Spirit, first published in 1938
4. Julia B. Cameron The Artist’s Way (1992)
5. E. B. White & William Strunk The Elements of Style (1918)
6. William Zinsser On Writing Well
7. Jerome Stern Making Shapely Fiction
8. Janet Burroway Writing Fiction
Please visit Katie Schnack’s website here: KatieSchnack.com
© Copyright 2011 Target Public Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.