We highly recommend Ray Bradbury’s novel entitled: Zen and the Art of Writing
Do you want to know the secrets to content creation? While social media tools like Facebook and Twitter and SEO strategies can build your audience, the best way to attract loyal visitors is to write great content. You must publish quality content week after week. All blog posts start with an idea. The title is critical in convincing people to read your post. Most readers decide within seconds of reading your title whether or not they’re going to give your post the time of day, so it’s important to invest time creating a catchy title. This keeps your writing focused and concise.
Marie began working as a life coach in 2001. In 2004 she worked as a hip-hop instructor at Crunch Fitness, worked as a choreographer and producer for MTV’s Say What Karaoke and began creating fitness videos with Crunch, Anchor Bay Entertainment, Women’s Health and Prevention Magazine. She has been interviewed by Tony Robbins for his DVD training program The New Money Masters. She was also named a “thought leader for the next generation” by Oprah when interviewed on the OWN Network’s Super Soul Sunday. In 2010, Sir Richard Branson invited Forleo to mentor young entrepreneurs in South Africa at his Centre of Entrepreneurship.
Visit Marie Forleo’s website at: Marie Forleo
What are the best books on writing? In this video, Katie Schnack discusses her favorite books about the craft and art of writing. These books discuss the process of writing, character development, how to write fiction and non-fiction, using style and voice, and more. Katie’s work has been featured in Austin Lifestyle Magazine, Redbook Magazine, Thrillist.com, and Homerun.com. She is also excited to be contributing to the new Austin publication BE Mag, launching its first issue this November. Prior to moving to Austin, Katie worked as an associate producer for an NBC affiliate in South Florida.
Great Books for Writers, How to Write & Find Inspiration was published by Katie at WriteByNight
1. Anne Lamott Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life. Pantheon Books. 1994.
2. SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy) Juicy Pens, Thirsty Paper (Three Rivers Press 2008)
3. Brenda Ueland If You Want to Write: a Book about Art, Independence and Spirit, first published in 1938
4. Julia B. Cameron The Artist’s Way (1992)
5. E. B. White & William Strunk The Elements of Style (1918)
6. William Zinsser On Writing Well
7. Jerome Stern Making Shapely Fiction
8. Janet Burroway Writing Fiction
Please visit Katie Schnack’s website here: KatieSchnack.com
© Copyright 2011 Target Public Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content Marketing: The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Content marketing strategies are a hot topic these days. Some companies are good content marketers, some are bad, and some are just plain ugly.
WHEN CREATING VIDEO, FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES:
- Give it the same title as that of your blog post title.
- All SEO Rules of writing an attractive title applies to video blogs as well
- Keep your video title length short – at most 60-70 characters
- Add at least a 100 word description for each of your videos
- Leave a link to your blog post under the video description
- Add no more than 10 short phrased and related tags
- The Purpose of your video should be, to grab the attention of your visitors, eventually bringing them to your blog.
- Always interlink your videos by adding anchor tags in youTube.
- Always leave one question unanswered in your videos so that the viewer may be forced to search for it at your blog.
Read the full article by Carolyn Edgecomb
Britt Hysen Millennial Entrepreneurs. The Voice of Gen Y, Britt Hysen, joins John Phillips on NextGeneration TV to discuss Millennial Entrepreneurs and the trends in Millennial employment. From the LA underground art scene to Hollywood Red Carpets and the Liberty Movement, Britt Hysenhas been labeled The Voice Of Gen Y by her journalist peers for covering compelling stories about Millennial interests. Putting her acting career on hold to pursue a college degree and social entrepreneurial work, Hysen produced a webseries that documented Millennials making a living doing what they love. She then produced media for The Entertainment Industries Council, Natural History Museum, and Breitbart TV.